Easy refried bean dip is a quick and easy hot dip recipe that’s great for parties, game-day, or anytime you’re craving tortilla chips with a delicious dip! It’s easy to make and ready in about 20 minutes.
Super easy refried bean dip with three kinds of cheese, black beans, and spices is the answer to your snacking needs. Need something quick? This recipe is all about the quick and easy. Want something dippable that’s served hot? Yes, I have your hot dip right here! Love all the cheese? This bean dip is your cheesy friend.
This is a great appetizer to take with you into the summer months – it goes perfectly with a bag of tortilla chips and glasses of spiked lemonade. Bonus points if you enjoy it on the porch or deck with the setting sun as your backdrop.
- Canned refried black beans
- Enchilada sauce
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Shredded pepper jack cheese or Monterey jack cheese
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Softened cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Grab a large saucepan, and place the beans, enchilada sauce, and spices in it. Heat them over medium heat and stir to combine.
Once it’s hot, add all of the cheese and stir until it melts into the bean mixture. Take the saucepan off the heat and add the cream cheese and stir until it’s melted. Add the sour cream, lime juice, and cilantro and stir until combined.
Serve hot with lots of tortilla chips or Fritos. If you have leftovers (highly unlikely), they will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Reheat them on the stove or in the microwave.
Take It to New Levels
I like to keep this refried bean dip recipe simple because simple = easy to make. But, there are many ways to give it upgrades if you’re feeling fancy:
- If you want to skip the canned beans, feel free to make your own. This recipe for Mexican homemade refried beans from Simply Recipes would be a great one to try. You can use black beans or pinto beans.
- Want to dress it up? Garnish it with diced jalapeno, sliced green onions, diced tomatoes, stir in some green chiles or add a few shakes of your favorite hot sauce.
- Make it extra cheesy: Spread the warm dip in a baking dish and sprinkle more shredded cheese over the top. Pop it under the broiler until the cheese is melty.
- Make it meaty: For a really hearty dip, brown some ground beef with seasonings and mix it into the dip.
- If you have some taco seasoning on hand, skip the individual spices and use a generous tablespoon of the mix instead.
- If you want to keep the dip warm, transfer it to a slow cooker or crock pot and keep it on low or warm. Just stir it every so often, so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- You can also use this dip as a topping for nachos or as a filling for burritos.
Make this one for your next patio happy hour – I think you’ll love how easy it is!
More Dip RecipesPrint
Cheesy Refried Bean Dip
Easy refried bean dip is a quick and easy hot dip that’s great for parties, game-day, or any time you’re craving tortilla chips with a delicious dip! It’s easy to make and ready in about 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Heat
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (16-oz) can refried black beans
- 1 cup enchilada sauce (mild or spicy)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Place the beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt in a 3-qt saucepan. Turn the heat to medium and stir to combine. As the mixture warms up, stir it occassionally.
- Once it’s hot, add all of the cheese and stir until it melts into the bean mixture. Take the saucepan off the heat and add the cream cheese and stir until it’s melted. Add the sour cream, lime juice, and cilantro and stir until combined. Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 833mg
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 47.3mg
Keywords: bean dip, black bean deep,