Roasted radishes are an easy side dish! When you roast them their peppery bite is tone-down and their natural sweetness emerges. Pair them with purple onions for a delicious and beautiful side dish.
As a self-proclaimed roasting addict, I sat up straighter in my chair with wide-eyed wonder when I clicked on this article from The Kitchn espousing the virtues of roasted radishes.
When roasted at high temperatures, the radish’s bright poppy red skin turns a wonderful pastel pink, its crispness gives way to a juicy tenderness and its trademark peppery bite is muted. I took the Kitchn’s recipe a step further and tossed my radishes with some aromatic herbes de Provence and roasted them with red onion. Altogether it’s a side dish with sweet, caramelized flavors that’s impressive enough for a roast or ham, but easy enough for a weeknight accompaniment to chicken or pork chops.
In other words, you’ll want to keep this recipe handy.
💌 Sign up and get your free guide: Gourmet Made Simple: 5 Secrets for Making Fancy (but Not Fussy!) Meals delivered to your inbox!
More Easy Side DishesPrint
Fresh radishes, red onion, and herbs roasted until their natural sweetness shines through, makes a colorful and simple side dish with big flavors.
- 2 bunches radishes, tops removed
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the large radishes into quarters, the medium ones in half, and keep the small ones whole. Slice the onion in half, then each half into quarters, and each quarter in half.
- Spread the vegetables on a large baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the top. Sprinkle the herbs and salt evenly over the top. Toss everything together until well coated in the oil.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the radishes are fork tender.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Sodium: 596.6mg
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted radishes
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.