These pinwheels are so easy to make and are sure to disappear fast!
Roasted Red Pepper & Basil Pinwheels
These pinwheels are so simple to make and are sure to disappear fast. I like to use whipped cream cheese because it’s easy to spread without having to wait for a block of cream cheese to soften. Also, these are best when they have a chance to chill in the refrigerator before serving, so plan to make these up to a day in advance.
- 8 ounce whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup thin-sliced basil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 burrito-sized tortillas
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, peppers, basil, and salt until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the tortillas and spread it into an even layer, leaving an inch or so of space around the edge. Roll the tortillas and wrap them in plastic wrap.
- Chill the rolls for a couple of hours or up to a day before serving. To slice, use a serrated knife and avoid pressing down too hard so each pinwheel maintains its shape. Slice each roll into eight pinwheels.
- Serving Size: 4 pinwheels
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.1g
Keywords: pinwheels recipe, basil pinwheels recipe