Quick and easy creamy goat cheese spaghetti. It’s a simple 20-minute dish for busy weeknights.
Creamy Goat Cheese Spaghetti
There’s always a few days a week when the idea of cooking is as appealing as sticking a fork in my eye. You know the days – work is busy and stressful, the puppy won’t stop barking, somebody in the neighborhood keeps switching out trash cans and somehow you end up with the grossest one (seriously, WHY?), and the weather has you curled up on the couch with a take-out menu in one hand and the remote in the other. Hello, take-out crab rangoons and Top Chef! Why cook when you can watch someone else do it on TV?
While I may not always practice what I preach I have come around to the idea that the bad days are the days we should cook. Everything in the world can be out of control, but we can take control in the kitchen and, in not that much time, make dinner. We can make dinner! And, more specifically, we can make a comforting 20-minute dinner otherwise known as creamy goat cheese spaghetti.
So, the next time the chips are down, consider this recipe before ordering take-out:
Boil some spaghetti and while it’s cooking heat some butter in a pan and toss some garlic in. Add the cream and whisk until it makes a sauce with the butter. Add so green, in this case, fresh spinach, and some creamy goat cheese. Toss the pasta in the sauce, plate it up (or not – it’s just as good straight from the pan), pour some wine, grab the remote, your coziest blanket and… ahhhhhhh.
Take that, bad day.
More Quick & Easy Pasta RecipesPrint
Creamy Goat Cheese Spaghetti
This spaghetti with spinach and goat cheese is so simple to make – perfect for busy nights when you need a quick and easy dinner!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 generous cup of roughly chopped fresh spinach
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a 10-inch skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook it in the butter just until it’s fragrant, stirring continuously. Add the cream and whisk it with the butter until combined. Once the cream starts to simmer, discard the garlic cloves.
- Add the spinach and stir. Once the spinach wilts into the sauce, add the goat cheese in small chunks. Stir until the goat cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy. Add the salt and pepper and stir. Reduce the heat to keep the sauce warm, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is ready.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss it in the sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/2 or recipe
- Calories: 685
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Sodium: 881.3mg
- Fat: 35.7g
- Saturated Fat: 22.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 67.5g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Cholesterol: 90.3mg
Keywords: goat cheese pasta, goat cheese sauce
Creamy comfort food perfection! I used minced garlic (instead of smashed) and left it in the sauce. I also added a bit of pasta water to keep my sauce from getting too dry after adding in the noodles. Topped with grated parmesan and *chef’s kiss*