Classic peanut butter cookies spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sugar. They are so easy to make and perfect for holiday cookie platters!
Holiday Spiced Peanut Butter Cookies
I don’t like to mess around with classics too much – they’re classics for a reason, right?
So these peanut butter cookies don’t stray too far from what they’re supposed to be – a mixture of butter, flour, egg, sugar, and peanut butter baked up until they’re lightly golden.
There’s just one small adjustment – instead of rolling each in just plain old granulated sugar, I rolled them around in a fragrant mixture of sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
Is it too early for all this holiday-y spice stuff?
I’m thinking no.
It’s a subtle change and one you might think doesn’t make that big of difference until you catch the aroma while they’re in the oven – hints of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg baking up with all that peanut butter and sugar will make you feel like lighting a fire and curling up on the couch with a good book. Even if it’s 80 degrees outside.
Serve them with a cold glass of milk and make it a large one – trust me, you’ll need it. You can’t eat just one of these.
More Cookie RecipesPrint
Classic peanut butter cookies coated in holiday spices.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, and the all of the brown sugar together until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the peanut butter and keep stirring until it’s incorporated.
- Add the flour baking soda and salt and stir just until the dough comes together. Stick the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Chilling the dough will make it much easier to roll out into cookies.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it between your hands until you have a ball. Roll the ball in the sugar and spice mixture, coating it on all sides. Place the cookie ball on the baking sheet (bake 12 cookies at a time evenly spaced). Once you’ve rolled all the cookies, flatten each cookie using a fork to create the ridges.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 224
- Sugar: 14.3g
- Sodium: 174.1g
- Fat: 12.4g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4.4g
Keywords: peanut butter cookies