You only need five ingredients and 30 minutes to make this cozy spinach-sausage pasta. The rosa sauce is a combination of marinara and Alfredo sauce and pairs perfectly with the sausage for a hearty pasta dinner.
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®
I’ve been known to lean on store-bought sauces because it’s one of the easiest shortcuts you can take in the kitchen for pasta night. And who’s going to argue with that? Less time, fewer ingredients… sounds pretty good to me.
And when you combine two different sauces – in this case, Bertolli Traditional Marinara and Alfredo Sauce – you get a delicious combination otherwise known as rosa sauce.
It’s a short-cut sauce I happen to love and encourage you to try if you haven’t already. Might I suggest the combo for Valentine’s Day? Whether you celebrate or not, this hearty spinach-sausage pasta with a rich and flavorful sauce is the perfect excuse to treat yourself.
Bertolli Red and White Sauces
This five-ingredient spinach-sausage pasta is all about the sauce. In this case, two Bertolli Sauces mixed together to make a creamy rosa sauce.
Bertolli is the only premium brand made the Tuscan way with simple ingredients and layers of fresh flavors. Learn more about these delicious sauces and enter your zip code to find out where to find them near you.
- Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic
- Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese
Other Ingredients You’ll Need
Once you have your sauces you only need three more simple ingredients:
- Fusilli pasta
- Mild Italian sausage
- Fresh spinach
Boil the pasta and, while it’s going, cook the sausage in a large pan over medium heat.
Add the fresh spinach and cook the two together until the spinach has wilted.
Once the sausage and spinach are cooked add your sauces. You don’t need any other seasonings – the Bertolli Sauces bring all the flavor you need.
Stir to combine it all together and simmer it until your pasta is ready. Add the pasta, toss it in all that saucy goodness and dinner is ready.
Five ingredients and 30 minutes – it doesn’t get any easier than this spinach-sausage pasta.
Want more rosa sauce inspiration? Be sure to check out these Bertolli recipes, too:
- Creamy Rosa Caprese Gnocchi with Blistered Tomatoes
- Sausage, Peppers and Onions with Creamy Rosa Polenta
- Rosa Shrimp & Asparagus Spaghetti
Love this recipe? I’d love to know so leave a comment and rating! Want more delicious recipes? Sign-up for the weekly newsletter and get recipes straight to your inbox 📧Print
30 minutes and five ingredients are all you need to make this cozy spinach-sausage pasta.
- 1 pound fusilli
- 2 pounds mild Italian sausage
- 8 cups roughly chopped fresh spinach
- 1 jar Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic
- 1 jar Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese
- Boil the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta boils, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the sausage and break it apart as it cooks.
- Once the sausage is browned, add the spinach and stir until it wilts down. Add both sauces and stir to combine. Add the cooked pasta to the pan and stir to coat it in the sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Italian-American
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 750
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 1503.4mg
- Fat: 48g
- Saturated Fat: 18.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 21.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 51.5g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Cholesterol: 116.8mg
Keywords: sausage pasta, rosa sauce
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.