This honey mustard salmon dish takes about five minutes to prep and less than 15 minutes to cook. The salmon bakes in a flavorful honey mustard sauce made with simple pantry ingredients and some fresh dill.
Honey Mustard Salmon
From the department of “it can’t get any easier than this” I share with you a flavorful salmon fillet topped with an easy honey mustard sauce that takes all of five minutes to pull together. It’s a stir, pour, and bake kind of recipe and is so simple that I hesitated to share it because it’s hardly a recipe at all. But, the flavor combination of salmon, mustard, and dill is a classic and I wonder how often we all have salmon for dinner? If you’re like me I’m guessing not very often, so while it might be simple it’s a dish to put on the list because maybe it’s been a while since you’ve had a good-for-you slice of salmon. I know it’d been a while for me.
Some Ingredients You’ll Need & Cooking Tips
- Salmon fillet: I used an 8-ounce salmon fillet for this recipe which is enough for three decent sized servings. Salmon is pretty rich and a little goes a long way so it can even be stretched to serve four if you have a side and maybe some bread to go along with it.
- The sauce is a mixture of honey and Dijon mustard along with some pantry seasonings like salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Depending on the thickness of your salmon fillet (and how your oven heats) you may need to adjust the cooking time. My fillet was about an inch thick and needed almost 12 minutes in the oven, so I suggest that you check it early – you’ll know its done once you can flake it easily with a fork.
I served mine with some basic steamed broccoli with lemon and parmesan, but I imagine my roasted green beans with bacon or lemon-honey carrots recipe would be great with the honey mustard salmon. This is a quick and easy 30-minute dinner to which I say, “yay!”. I hope you do, too 🙂
More Easy Dinner RecipesPrint
This baked salmon dish takes about five minutes to prep and less than 15 minutes to cook. The salmon bakes in a flavorful honey mustard sauce made with simple pantry ingredients and some fresh dill. This recipe serves three, but can easily be stretched to serve four if you have a side dish or bread.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz salmon fillet
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, dill, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic pepper until smooth.
- Place the salmon on the baking sheet skin side down. Pour the sauce over the top. Bake the salmon for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Depending on your oven and the size of your salmon you may need to adjust the cooking time. I recommend checking the salmon a few times while it bakes.
- I served mine with some steamed broccoli with lemon juice and parmesan, but my roasted green beans or lemon-honey glazed carrots would make a great side dish, too.
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 894.2mg
- Fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 32.5g
Keywords: honey mustard salmon, baked salmon recipe, easy salmon recipe