This easy honey mustard baked salmon takes about five minutes to prep and less than 15 minutes to cook. The flavorful honey mustard sauce is made with simple pantry ingredients along with some fresh dill. Just mix up the sauce, pour it over the salmon and bake it for an easy weeknight dinner.
From the department of “it can’t get any easier than this” I share with you a flavorful baked salmon fillet topped with an easy honey mustard sauce that takes all of five minutes to prep. It’s a stir, pour, and bake kind of recipe and is so simple that I hesitated to share it because it’s hardly a recipe at all.
But easy recipes are the best recipes, right? So, if it’s been a while since you’ve made baked salmon this is a great recipe to try. It’s easy, the combination of honey, mustard, fresh dill, and salmon is a classic one and all you need is a bowl, a sheet pan, and some foil to make it.
- Salmon fillet: I used an 8-ounce salmon fillet for this recipe which is enough for three decent sized servings. Salmon is pretty rich and a little goes a long way so it can even be stretched to serve four if you have a side and maybe some bread to go along with it.
- The sauce is a mixture of honey and Dijon mustard along with some pantry seasonings like salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Tips for Making Baked Salmon
- Look for a salmon fillet that is about one-inch thick, which will take about 12 minutes to bake.
- If your salmon is thicker (or thinner) you will need to adjust the cooking time. The best way to know when your salmon is cooked is to test it with a fork. It should flake easily.
- Line your baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
Side Dish Recipes for Honey Mustard Salmon
- Steamed or roasted broccoli with lemon juice and grated Parmesan cheese
- Roasted Green Beans
- Lemon-Honey Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Parmesan Potatoes
- Green Bean Potato Salad
This is a quick and easy 30-minute dinner to which I say, “yay!”. I hope you do, too 🙂
💌 Never miss a recipe! Sign up for the Weekly Newsletter to get recipes straight to your inbox.
More Easy Dinner RecipesPrint
This baked salmon dish takes about five minutes to prep and less than 15 minutes to cook. The salmon bakes in a flavorful honey mustard sauce made with simple pantry ingredients and some fresh dill. This recipe serves three, but can easily be stretched to serve four if you have a side dish or bread.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz salmon fillet
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, dill, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic pepper until smooth.
- Place the salmon on the baking sheet skin side down. Pour the sauce over the top. Bake the salmon for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Depending on your oven and the size of your salmon you may need to adjust the cooking time. I recommend checking the salmon a few times while it bakes. You know it’s done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 894.2mg
- Fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 32.5g
Keywords: honey mustard salmon, baked salmon recipe, easy salmon recipe