This easy salmon with sour cream recipe only takes 20 minutes but tastes like a restaurant dish. The sauce for the grilled salmon is a simple sour cream sauce with thyme that takes about a minute to make! It’s a simple and delicious dinner.
Table of contents
From the department of “that was easy!” I am happy to share this super simple salmon with sour cream dish. It’s a quick recipe for two that takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. Like I said, it’s so super easy.
The sour cream is the sauce and takes just minutes to make. You don’t have to do much – just grill the salmon, prepare the sour cream, and then serve it. Add some crusty bread and salad on the side and you get the easiest dinner that tastes like it was much harder to make.
You don’t need much to make this recipe – it’s so simple!
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Salmon fillet
- Sour cream
- Fresh thyme leaves or other fresh herbs like chopped parsley, chives, fresh dill, or cilantro.
💌 Sign up for the Girl Gone Gourmet Newsletter and get recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
How to Make It
What I love about salmon is that it cooks really fast on the grill. Depending on how thick it is it takes less than ten minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. While it’s heating up, mix the olive oil with the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Brush the mixture on the top of the salmon.
- Place the salmon on the grill and cook it, skin-side-down, for six to eight minutes. I like to close the grill lid while it’s cooking.
- You know when it’s done when it flakes easily with a fork.
While the salmon is cooking make the thyme cream sauce. Just mix the sour cream with the fresh thyme leaves. That’s it!
To serve, spoon the sour cream on top of each salmon fillet. The heat from the salmon will thin the sauce. I like to add some lemon wedges on the side, too, as a garnish.
This is such an easy dinner. I hope you love it!
More Dinners for a Few
I love creating delicious dinners for two so much I wrote a whole cookbook about it! Or, check out these recipes here on the site for more inspiration:
- Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup is a cheesy and cozy soup for two.
- Panko Crusted Salmon is a quick 20-minute dinner!
- If you love easy pasta dishes you have to try my Lemon-Leek Pasta for Two. It’s so simple to make.
- My Sheet Pan Pork Chops is easy to make, too!
- Baked Honey Mustard Salmon is another easy salmon recipe that’s ready in about 20 minutes!
- Want even more ideas? Be sure to check out my Easy Dinner Recipes for Two recipe round-up for even more ideas.
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
Grilled Salmon with Sour Cream
This grilled salmon recipe is so simple and delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb salmon fillet (with skin) cut into 4 even-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (see note)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Using a brush, coat each salmon piece with the oil and lemon mixture. Grill the salmon, skin-side down, for 6-8 minutes. Depending on the thickness of your salmon you may need to add more time. You’ll know it’s done with you can easily flake it with a fork.
- While the salmon is cooking, mix the sour cream with the thyme. To serve, top each salmon fillet with 2 tablespoons of the sour cream sauce and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
You can use any fresh herbs with the sour cream. Try parsley, dill, basil, chives, or cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 366
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Sodium: 627.1mg
- Fat: 24.4g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.9g
- Trans Fat: .5g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 34.3g
- Cholesterol: 117.6mg
Keywords: salmon with sour cream, grilled salmon, easy salmon recipe, salmon recipe for two
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.
Leave a Reply