This easy grilled salmon recipe only takes 20 minutes but tasted like a restaurant dish. The sauce for the grilled salmon is a simple sour cream sauce with thyme that takes about a minute to make! It’s a simple and delicious dinner.
We’ve really cut back on the eating out and have been looking for ways to create a restaurant experience at home. So, this past Sunday we created our own backyard bistro. We made this grilled salmon along with steak and a simple beet and tomato salad.
The salmon was definitely the star of the show. It’s simple to make, but the final dish was so delicious!
You don’t need much to make this recipe – it’s so simple!
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Salmon fillet
- Sour cream
- Fresh thyme leaves
What I love about salmon is that it cooks really fast on the grill. Depending on how thick it is it takes less than ten minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. While it’s heating up, mix the olive oil with the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Brush the mixture on the top of the salmon.
- Grill the salmon, skin-side-down, for six to eight minutes. I like to close the grill lid while it’s cooking.
- You know when it’s done when it flakes easily with a fork.
Thyme Cream Sauce
While the salmon is cooking make the thyme cream sauce. Just mix the sour cream with the fresh thyme leaves. That’s it!
To serve, spoon the sauce over the grilled salmon. The heat from the salmon will thin the sauce. I like to add some lemon wedges on the side, too, as a garnish.
This is such an easy dinner. I hope you love it!
📩 Want more delicious recipe ideas? Sign up and get the free email series Gourmet Made Easy plus new recipes delivered to your inbox!
More Dinners for Two
I love creating delicious dinners for two so much I wrote a whole cookbook about it! Or, check out these recipes here on the site for more inspiration:
- Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup is a cheesy and cozy soup for two.
- If you love easy pasta dishes you have to try my Lemon-Leek Pasta for Two. It’s so simple to make.
- My Sheet Pan Pork Chops is easy to make, too!
- Want even more ideas? Be sure to check out my Easy Dinner Recipes for Two recipe round-up for even more ideas.
⭐ Did you make and love this easy grilled salmon? Please let me know by leaving a comment and star rating at the end of the post! ⭐Print
This grilled salmon recipe is so simple and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb salmon fillet (with skin) cut into 4 even-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Using a brush, coat each salmon piece with the oil and lemon mixture. Grill the salmon, skin-side down, for 6-8 minutes. Depending on the thickness of your salmon you may need to add more time. You’ll know it’s done with you can easily flake it with a fork.
- While the salmon is cooking, mix the sour cream with the thyme. To serve, top each salmon fillet with 2 tablespoons of the sour cream sauce and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 366
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Sodium: 627.1mg
- Fat: 24.4g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.9g
- Trans Fat: .5g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 34.3g
- Cholesterol: 117.6mg
Keywords: grilled salmon, easy salmon recipe, salmon with sour cream sauce
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.