Lots of fresh veggies meet pasta in this one-pot tortellini primavera. It’s all tossed with a light and flavorful sauce for a delicious summertime dinner.
My summer vegetable obsession continues with this one-pot tortellini primavera recipe with all the veggies. Bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes… it’s basically summertime in a pan with some cheese tortellini to round it out. It’s light but comforting and easy because, hello, it’s a one-pot recipe.
This pasta primavera recipe is from my friend’s new cookbook, Incredible One-Pot Cooking, and as I flipped through it this summery primavera just jumped off the page. Well, a lot of the recipes did but all the veggies, the light sauce, and the pasta in this one just seemed very appropriate for the season.
Like my chicken ratatouille, sheet pan chicken and veggies, and eggplant casserole Megan’s primavera just seemed like the perfect summer dish. Just like the recipes on her blog, Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, I knew this one would be a winner.
Pasta primavera is a pasta dish made with lots of fresh vegetables and a very light sauce. While it seems very Italiano it’s actually an American dish that has been around since the 1970s. This is a one-pot version and it’s full of fresh flavors.
Lots of good for you veggies in this one and while it does take some time to get it all prepped, you save a lot of time when you cook it all up in one pan.
- Olive oil and butter
- Minced garlic
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced zucchini and yellow squash
- Cherry tomatoes
- Carrots cut into matchsticks
- Sliced green bell pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken stock
- Frozen cheese tortellini
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice
One-Pot Tortellini Primavera
Heat the butter and olive together in a large pan. Once the butter has melted add the garlic and cook it for a minute before adding the onion, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, carrots and bell peppers.
Once all of the veggies are tender, add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, chicken stock and frozen tortellini. Give it a good stir and then cover the pan and cook it all for five minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
Add the lemon juice and cheese and stir. For serving, I added some more cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
This tortellini primavera is filling without being heavy thanks to an incredibly flavorful but light sauce and the leftovers kept well for a few days, which is always nice. If you don’t want six servings you could easily cut the recipe in half – it’s very forgiving.
Congrats to Megan on her new book – don’t forget to check it out! there are many more great one pot recipes to try.
Happy summer-cooking 🔆
More Veggie-Loaded RecipesPrint
Lots of fresh veggies meet pasta in this one-pot tortellini primavera. It’s all tossed with a light and flavorful sauce for a delicious summertime dinner. This recipe is from the cookbook, Incredible One-Pot Cooking, by Megan Marlow and is being shared here with permission from the author.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One-Pot
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into semicircles
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into semicircles
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese, divided
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the oil and butter and allow the butter to melt.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the onion, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, carrots and bell pepper. Saute for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Season them with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the stock and tortellini. Cover the skillet and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until the tortellini is cooked through.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and the lemon juice. Top the pasta with the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 379
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 689.2mg
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44.3g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Cholesterol: 47.9mg
Keywords: pasta primavera, tortellini primavera recipe