How to Make Chicken Spinach Meatballs
- Ground chicken
- Frozen Spinach
- Garlic and onion
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
All you do is combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. I like to make meatballs about golf-ball sized.
Line them up on a baking sheet and bake them for 25 to 30 minutes at 350°F.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
Can I cook the meatballs on the stove?
Yes, you can cook them on the stove instead of baking them. Brown the meatballs in a pan with olive over medium heat until they are cooked through, about ten minutes. Or, you can brown them first and then add your sauce and simmer them in the sauce until they are cooked through.
Can I use fresh spinach instead of frozen spinach?
Readers have tried using fresh spinach with success! One reader finely chopped the fresh spinach and just mixed it up with the ground chicken mixture.
If you want to cook the spinach first, you will need approximately 1 pound of fresh spinach so you end up with about 10 ounces cooked, which is the same amount that is in a box of frozen spinach. Just cook the fresh spinach in a large pot with some olive oil (a few teaspoons should be enough). As the spinach cooks it will release its moisture. Once it’s cooked down, let it cool and then add it to your chicken meatball mixture.
Can I make these chicken spinach meatballs ahead?
Yes, you can make a batch of these meatballs ahead and keep them in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Refridgerator: store the meatballs in an airtight container. They should keep well in the refrigerator for up to three or four days.
- Freezer: cool the meatballs completely and place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They should keep well for three to four months in the freezer.
More Dinner Recipes
- Citrus-Glazed Chicken Meatballs
- Skillet Chicken Lasagna
- Zucchini Turkey Meatballs with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- One-Pan Creamy Chicken and Rice
These chicken meatballs are easy to make and full of flavor!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 10-ounce box frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together until just combined. Form the mixture into golf ball sized balls (I made 18 meatballs) and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
For the spinach: Be sure to thaw completely and then wrap it in a clean dish towel to wring out all the excess moisture before chopping.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Sodium: 461.2mg
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 21.1g
- Cholesterol: 132.7mg
Keywords: chicken meatballs, chicken spinach meatballs, baked meatballs