Creamy, flavorful, and easy to make, these Cream Cheese Enchiladas with chicken are the perfect comfort food for any night of the week. With a couple of shortcuts, these cheesy and creamy chicken enchiladas are easy to prep in about 20 minutes. Pop them in the oven for 30 minutes, and you’ll have a cozy and comforting dinner.
Table of contents
Easy Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas
If you’re craving cheesy, hearty comfort food, you have to try these cream cheese chicken enchiladas. Flour tortillas rolled up with creamy cheese, and chicken filling with green chiles is just the best combination.
And they’re easy! If you use precooked chicken like rotisserie chicken and prepared enchilada sauce, you’ll have this chicken enchilada recipe on the table in less than an hour. Add some chips, salsa, and guacamole for a deliciously easy dinner.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Enchiladas
- Softened cream cheese
- Canned diced green chiles – or try canned diced jalapenos.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – pepper jack cheese is also great!
- Shredded or diced cooked chicken – I use rotisserie chicken, or you can use leftover chicken.
- 8-inch flour tortillas – corn tortillas would also be good.
- Store-bought or homemade enchilada sauce – or try some green enchilada sauce to switch it up!
How to Make Them
Spread a thin layer of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
Combine the cream cheese and green chile in a bowl. Divide the mixture evenly among the tortillas.
Top the cream cheese with the chicken and cheddar cheese and roll up the tortilla with the chicken mixture inside. Place each enchilada in the baking dish seam side down.
Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of the sauce.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake the enchiladas for 20 minutes at 350°F. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted.
- Cream cheese tip: If you forget to leave the cream cheese out to soften, do this: Cut the block into cubes and place them in a large bowl with the green chiles. Use an electric mixer to combine them – it will be a lot easier than stirring by hand.
- Enchilada toppings: Serve these cream cheese enchiladas with sour cream, guacamole, and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
More Enchilada Recipes
Love enchiladas? Me, too! Here are a few more of my favorite recipes for you to try…
- Creamy Poblano Chicken Enchiladas
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- Sweet Potato Beef Enchiladas
- Beef and Cheese Enchiladas
- Easy Black Bean Enchiladas
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
Chicken and Cream Cheese Enchiladas
These rich and cheesy chicken enchiladas are the ultimate comfort food. Use a rotisserie chicken to make the prep work really easy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces diced green chilis, drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups storebought or easy homemade enchilada sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread a thin layer (about 1/4 cup) of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese and green chilis and stir well. Divide and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly among the tortillas.
- Top one of the tortillas with some chicken, 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and then roll it up and place it in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Pour the sauce over the top of the tortillas and top it off with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking it for 10 more minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese has melted. Allow to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 584
- Sugar: 7.6g
- Sodium: 1675.9mg
- Fat: 34.9g
- Saturated Fat: 17.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 36.8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 30.5g
- Cholesterol: 119.9mg
Keywords: green chile chicken enchiladas, cream cheese enchiladas, chicken enchiladas
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.