This lemon butter shrimp is an easy 30-minute dinner for two. Don’t skip the Parmesan toast on the side – you’ll want to soak up every last drop of that butter white wine sauce!
Lemon Butter Shrimp
And this just in from the office of transparency: this is a butter-based recipe. That means this simple lemon butter shrimp dinner is a once-in-awhile special treat and not necessarily a recipe that should hold a place in the weekly dinner menu plan. Dipping toasted bread topped with Parmesan in the buttery, white-wine-infused sauce flavored with fresh herbs and a sprinkling of spicy red pepper flakes is what I consider a special occasion activity.
But, I suppose you could spread the decadence a little thinner and divide this between four people as an appetizer. I took it the dinner route, though, and it really is enough to satisfy two people especially if you add a simple green salad on the side.
Some Ingredients You’ll Need
- Thick-sliced Italian bread
- Olive oil and plenty of garlic
- Basil, chives, thyme and red pepper flakes
- And, of course, shrimp
Want More Shrimp Recipes?Print
This lemon butter shrimp is a decadent treat – either as dinner for two or as an appetizer for four. The shrimp cook quickly in a buttery white wine sauce flavored with fresh herbs. Soak it all up with some Parmesan toast on the side.
For the Parmesan Toast
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 thick-slice Italian bread slices
For the Shrimp
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley,
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives,
- Leaves from two sprigs of thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 12 ounces (51-60 count) shrimp, seasoned with salt (see note)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Make the Parmesan Toast: Combine the cheese and olive oil in a small bowl. Place the bread on a sheet pan and brush each slice with the olive oil and cheese. Broil until the bread is toasted and golden (keep an eye on it because it can go from toasty to burnt quickly!). Set the bread aside while you make the shrimp.
- Prepare the Shrimp: Heat the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the garlic is fragrant, add the white wine and simmer it for a few minutes. Add the herbs and butter and stir. Once the butter is melted and frothy add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for a few minutes, stirring frequently, until it is no longer opaque. Squeeze the lemon juice over the top of the shrimp and serve with the bread on the side.
I used frozen shrimp that were peeled and deveined. Thaw them in cold water while you are preparing the Parmesan toast, pat them dry and they are good to go.
- Calories: 893
- Fat: 64.2g
- Carbohydrates: 23.8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 48.5g