Mushroom and Leek Soup
💌 Sign up and get your free guide: Gourmet Made Simple: 5 Secrets for Making Fancy (but Not Fussy!) Meals delivered to your inbox!
More Soup RecipesPrint
This mushroom and leek soup is easy to make and is so warm and cozy!
- 1 medium leek, chopped (remove the tough green parts)
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large portabello mushroom caps (remove the stem and gills), roughly chopped
- 3 cup chicken or veggie stock
- 2–3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a stock pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped leek, onion, and garlic. Let it all cook, stirring frequently, until the veggies start to soften, about five minutes or so. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook everything for another 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms have started to brown. Pour the stock into the pot add the fresh thyme sprigs, and bring the pot to a simmer. Let the soup simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the thyme stems from the pot and discard. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until it’s smooth. If you need to use a stand blender, carefully blend the soup in batches and then return it back to the pot. Stir in the salt, pepper, and heavy cream. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 12.3g
- Sodium: 1702.mg
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 29.3g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Cholesterol: 27.8mg
Keywords: mushroom soup recipe, mushroom leek soup
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.