Store-bought ravioli with asparagus and mushrooms is a super easy weeknight dinner. The veggies are cooked in a simple lemon-butter sauce and tossed with cooked ravioli. Add some grated parmesan and dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Ravioli with Asparagus and Mushrooms
A package of store-bought ravioli is a powerful thing.
It can fight off pizza/take-out/fast food attacks.
It’s so not high maintenance.
It’s fast and easy. In a good way.
It’s a dinnertime hero.
The only catch? You have to keep store-bought ravioli stocked in your fridge. The reward? You get to make this delicious 20-minute, lemony and lightly buttery ravioli with asparagus and mushrooms – it’s the perfect dish for those nights when the delivery menus are calling your name.
Ravioli, lemon, butter, asparagus, mushrooms. Take that, take-out temptation!
More Easy Dinner RecipesPrint
Cheese ravioli, asparagus, and mushrooms tossed together in a lightly buttery lemon sauce. Thanks to store-bought ravioli, It takes only 20 minutes to make, which is perfect for those busy weeknights.
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (cremini or baby bellas work well)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces fresh asparagus
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. While you are waiting for it to boil prep the asparagus by breaking off the woody ends (bend the spear and it should naturally break where it needs to). Chop the parsley and grate the cheese.
- Once the water is boiling add the pasta add cook according to package directions (for fresh pasta it should only take about 7 minutes).
- While the pasta is boiling, melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and toss them around. Let them cook for just a couple of minutes until the start to brown. Add the asparagus and the olive oil to the pan and toss everything around. Cook it all together, tossing frequently, until the asparagus is tender.
- Once the pasta is cooked, transfer it (using a spider or large slotted spoon) from the pot to the pan. Squeeze the lemon juice over everything in the pan and give it all a good toss to ensure it’s coated. Sprinkle in the parsley and toss again. Add the parmesan cheese to the pan and give everything another good toss. Sprinkle the pepper over the top and serve.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 701
- Fat: 35.5g
- Carbohydrates: 67.9g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 31.4g
Keywords: ravioli with mushrooms and asparagus