An easy-to-make spicy sweet corn relish made with summer fresh produce and green chiles. Perfect as a dip or spooned over grilled chicken, burgers, or hot dogs.
Spicy sweet corn relish is an easy recipe to use up all the summer produce! Fresh corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, and green chile combine to make a delicious dip or topping for grilled meat. It’s full of fresh flavors.
Corn Relish Ingredients
- Fresh corn – you can also use thawed frozen corn.
- Chopped onion – white, yellow, or red onion all work great!
- Yellow bell pepper – or choose your favorite bell pepper. I prefer the sweet ones instead of green bell pepper which is more bitter.
- Roasted green chiles – you can use fresh, frozen, or canned green chiles!
- Tomatoes – Meaty tomatoes like Romas are great for this recipe.
- Granulated sugar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Celery seed
- Mustard seed
How to Make It
- Mix: Place all of the ingredients in a large pot and stir.
- Simmer: Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat and then lower the heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer the relish for at least one hour.
- Chill: Cool the relish to room temperature and then refrigerate if for at least 8 hours before serving it.
This is an easy recipe and a delicious way to use summer veggies! I hope you try it soon –
More Recipes to Try
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
Spicy Sweet Corn Relish
Make this corn relish a day in advance so all the flavors have time to mingle and merge before serving. Enjoy it as a dip or spooned on grilled chicken, burgers, or hot dogs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 whole yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted green chiles, chopped
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large pot. Bring it all to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for at least one hour.
- Store the corn relish in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 18.7g
- Sodium: 475.8mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28.6g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: corn relish, sweet corn relish
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.