This strawberry avocado smoothie is a quick treat you can make for breakfast or as a snack. You can’t taste the avocado but it adds all kinds of richness and creaminess plus other good things we all need. This smoothie is a fresh and fruity way to start the day.
Cool, creamy and fruity – this strawberry avocado smoothie is one way to cure those mid-winter blues. I’ve been making it in the morning as a bright start to the day or as an afternoon snack if I start feeling a little slumpy because slumpy is so not a good look.
It’s pretty in pink, it’s a banana-free smoothie but isn’t lacking in creaminess, it’s a quick 5-minute prep and blend situation, and it’s got a strawberries and cream theme going on with a surprise pop of lime that wakes up all the flavors.
- It starts with frozen strawberries, but you can really use any kind of frozen berry you like if you want to switch up the flavor. Blueberries, raspberries, a combo of berries will all work well.
- There’s some avocado in there, too, which adds lots of richness and creaminess but you can’t taste it. I added it to up the happy quotient because avocados are full of good-for-you things.
- Some honey adds sweetness and a splash of fresh lime juice adds some zing.
- I use 2% milk but any kind of milk you love will work!
Two quick tips for the best smoothie experience:
- If you can find sliced frozen strawberries buy them. If not, you can use whole ones but even my high-powered blender has trouble breaking them down all the way sometimes. My advice: if you use whole ones place them in the blender with the other ingredients and let them thaw out for five minutes or so.
- I am particular about smooth thickness. I prefer a thinner smoothie, but if you like yours thicker cut back on the milk. Start with less and add more until yours is just right.
If you’ve got a case of the slumps, make it! If you feel amazing and not slumpy at all you should still make it. It will just add to the amazingness.
Happy blending 🍓
More Smoothie Recipes
Might I tempt you with a few more of my favorite smoothie recipes? They’re easy to make, too. I have a lovely selection including orange, banana mocha, blueberry, and green apple. All simple, all delicious.Print
This five-minute smoothie has a fruity strawberries and cream theme with some sneaky avocado that adds richness and creaminess. In other words, you can’t taste it but it adds a whole lot of goodness.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3/4 cup 2% milk, or more/less depending on how thick you like your smoothie.
- Pop all the ingredients in a blender, puree, and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 33.9g
- Sodium: 93.7g
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 44.6g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 14.8mg
Keywords: strawberry avocado smoothie, strawberry smoothie recipe
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.