This blueberry smoothie is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. It’s a bright and fresh way to start the day!
This post has been updated with a new recipe, photos, and post. It was first published in September 2014.
Warmer weather brings on all the smoothie cravings and I wish it’d do the same for my exercise motivation. While my motivation spikes at times and I find myself bopping around in a Zumba class trying desperately to keep up, most of the time it hovers around take-the-doggo-for-a-walk level. Low impact and relaxing is my kind of exercise.
So the nicer days don’t really increase my exercise goals, but sunny bright spring days do motivate me to use the blender more. If smoothie season is a thing then it just got started at my house because I’ve been whirring up quite a few cold and fruity blueberry smoothies lately.
Blueberry Smoothie Ingredients
This easy blueberry smoothie recipe only has four ingredients plus two optional ones if they suit your tastes.
- Frozen blueberries: This is obviously a blueberry smoothie, but frozen strawberries are great, too. Or for an extra-tart smoothie try frozen raspberries. Both go great with the rest of the ingredients.
- Greek yogurt: I used Chobani Less Sugar Greek Yogurt for this smoothie. I love the Madagascar Vanilla and Cinnamon flavor and it goes really well with the other flavors in this smoothie. That said, substitute plain Greek yogurt or another fruity flavor to switch things up.
- 2% milk: You only need a ¼ cup of milk but if you prefer a thinner smoothie, I recommend adding up to an additional ¼ cup depending on how thick you like it.
- Lemon juice: I love to add lemon juice to smoothies because it adds a bit of tartness and just brightens all the flavors.
- Ginger paste (optional): I always have ginger paste in a tube on hand and it’s the sort of ingredient that goes with practically everything. It has a subtle spiciness and sweetness and adds a little zing to a smoothie. You can omit it, but if you’ve never tried it in a smoothie take a chance! I think you’ll like it.
- Honey (optional): I think this blueberry smoothie is sweet enough without the honey, but if you want a little extra sweetness, I recommend adding a teaspoon.
Pop it all in the blender, puree until smooth and enjoy! This blueberry smoothie is a great way to start the day 🌞
More Smoothie Recipes
I love simple smoothies and here are a few more of my favorite ones to make…
4-Ingredient Mocha Banana Smoothie | A rich and chocolatey banana mocha smoothie with no added sugar. It’s a naturally sweet treat for the morning or afternoon when you need a little pick-me-up.
Orange Smoothie | A bright and sunny orange smoothie made with fresh oranges, a touch of honey, and a squeeze of lemon. It’s a quick and easy drink to start the day.
Pineapple Smoothie | A fresh and bright pineapple smoothie with oranges, bananas, almond milk and a touch of ginger for a zingy kick.Print
This fresh and bright blueberry smoothie is made with yogurt, milk, lemon juice, and ginger which gives it a little bit of zing. It’s a great way to start the day.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 (5.3-oz) container Chobani Less Sugar Greek Yogurt (see note)
- 1/4 cup 2% milk (see note)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional (see note)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth and serve!
For this smoothie, I used Chobani Less Sugar Greek Yogurt Madagascar Vanilla & Cinnamon, which is sold in individual containers. That said, you can easily switch up the flavors and use plain Greek yogurt or different fruit-flavored yogurts.
If you prefer a thinner smoothie, you may want to increase the milk by a couple of tablespoons.
The honey is optional so if you prefer a sweeter smoothie go ahead and add it. I’ve made it without and without the honey and I find the smoothie is plenty sweet without it.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 26.3g
- Fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 14.8g
Keywords: blueberry smoothie, yogurt smoothie
“Walks are great but rolling in the grass is even better!”