These Cajun Fries have 3 ingredients and are so easy to make. After 20 minutes of baking, you’ll be left with hot, crispy fries coated in a delicious, garlicky, and smoky Cajun spice seasoning. They’re great as an appetizer, side dish, or snack!
There are French fries and then there are these Cajun fries otherwise known as one of my favorite snacky treats. You only need three ingredients and you end up with deliciously seasoned French fries that are perfect as a snacky treat, appetizer, or side dish.
- Frozen French fries
- Olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
Frozen fries: I like to thin-cut style fries, but feel free to use your favorite kind of French fry. Crinkle cut, steak fries, curly ones… there are many choices.
Optional: You might need some salt but it depends on how salty your fries are out of the package and how much salt is in your Cajun seasoning. I recommend waiting to add extra salt until after they are done. You can do a taste test first and then add extra if they need it.
How to Make Cajun Fries
Ready for this? Place the frozen fries in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and toss them together. Add the seasoning, toss again, and then spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake them until they’re hot and crispy. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce – I’ve included a simple recipe in the card for a herb mayo sauce but some ranch dressing on the side is great, too.
Happy (Easy) Cooking,
More Snack Ideas
Who loves snacky treats? I know I do, so here are a few more snack and appetizer recipes you might like to try ❤
- Homemade Guacamole
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Roasted Red Pepper Tortilla Pinwheels
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Garlic Parmesan Fries
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe, along with your recipe star rating.Print
Super Easy Cajun Fries
If you need a super easy appetizer or snack these Cajun fries are the answer. Three ingredients, ten minutes of prep time, and 20 minutes of baking time. They come out of the oven hot and crispy with a delicious garlicky and smoky seasoning.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 20 ounces thin-style frozen French fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Kosher salt, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of one small lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven following the instructions on the French fries package.
- Place the fries in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and toss the fries in it to evenly coat them. Sprinkle half of the seasoning over the top and toss the fries to coat. Add the rest of the seasoning and toss again.
- Bake the fries according to package instructions. While they’re baking combine all of the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a small bowl.
- Once the fries are done, sprinkle them with salt if desired. Serve with the sauce on the side.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 580.4mg
- Fat: 30.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 22.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 29.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 7.7mg
Keywords: cajun french fries, cajun-style french fries, cajun fries
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.
Post updated from the archives. First published in July 2020.