Quick and easy garlic Parmesan French fries! These are a great appetizer, snack, or side dish and are so easy to make with just five ingredients. All you need are some frozen fries and a few other ingredients, and you’ll have crispy hot garlic fries in about 30 minutes.
Some people make French fries from scratch, and other people, like yours truly, take a bag of frozen French fries and doctor them up. It’s such an easy way to make fries as a side dish, appetizer, or snack without all the hassle of cutting potatoes and frying them yourself. Lazy-girl fries – that’s what I like to call them.
And these garlic fries are one of my favorites. They taste like those fancy-pants restaurant fries but you only need five ingredients and ten-ish minutes of prep time to make them. Garlic and Parmesan take otherwise boring frozen fries to a whole new level of deliciousness and, friends, that level is so good.
- Frozen French fries – any brand will do, but just be sure to use plain fries and not seasoned ones.
- Peeled and smashed garlic
- Olive oil
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
3 Easy Steps
Garlic oil: Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook it in the oil just until it starts to brown. Discard the garlic and set the pan aside so the oil can cool off.
Toss: Place the frozen fries in a large bowl. Drizzle the garlic oil over the top and toss to coat the fries evenly.
Bake: Spread the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake them following the package instructions. Once they’re done, sprinkle the cheese and parsley over the top for serving.
- Serve these easy fries as a snack for parties or game days with your favorite dipping sauce on the side like mayo, ketchup, or fry sauce (a combo of the two).
- For dinner, serve them alongside shredded beef sandwiches, mini burgers, salmon burgers, or crispy chicken sandwiches.
These garlic Parmesan fries are so easy, you’ll want to doctor up every bag of frozen fries. Give them a try soon – I hope you love them.
Happy short-cut cooking,
More Easy Appetizers and Snacks
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
Garlic Parmesan Fries
These garlic parmesan fries are so easy thanks to store-bought frozen French fries. A few ingredients like garlic-infused olive oil, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley make them a go-to snack to satisfy a salty craving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 5–6 single handfuls of frozen french fries (see note)
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to the temperature following the French fries package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the smashed garlic and cook it in the oil just until it starts to brown, about five minutes (adjust the heat, if needed, to prevent over-browning/burning).
- Discard the garlic and remove the pan from the heat so the garlic oil can cool off.
- In a large bowl, toss the frozen fries with the garlic olive oil. Spread the French fries in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Bake the fries according to the package directions.
- Once baked, remove the fries from the oven and transfer them to a serving plate or bowl. Sprinkle the fries with the grated parmesan cheese and parsley for serving.
I used Alexia All Natural House Cut Fries with Sea Salt for this recipe. Depending on the fries used the baking temperature and time may vary.
Additional salt may be needed depending on the brand used. All of the amounts are suggestions, which means improvisation is welcome. Less garlic, more garlic, different herbs, more cheese are all delicious adjustments depending on what you like.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 437.4mg
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 26.6g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 3.6mg
Keywords: easy garlic fries, garlic parmesan French fries, easy recipe using frozen French fries
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.
Post and photos updated from the archives. First published in April 2016.