Eggplant with Buttery Rosemary Pasta
💌 Sign up and get your free guide: Gourmet Made Simple: 5 Secrets for Making Fancy (but Not Fussy!) Meals delivered to your inbox!
More Pasta Recipes
- 15-Minute Mediterranean Pasta
- Ravioli with Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Dinner for One: Easy Pasta with Olive Oil & Garlic
- Balsamic-Bacon Green Bean Pasta
Tender sauteed eggplant tossed with spinach and pasta in a buttery rosemary sauce with garlic and shallots.
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 pound farfalle pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, drain and set aside. In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the eggplant until tender, about five minutes or so. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to cook the eggplant in batches. Once cooked, remove the eggplant from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan melt the butter. Add the shallots and cook them until they soften. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook it all for another 2-3 minutes, or until the garlic softens. Add the lemon zest and chicken stock.
- Turn the heat to medium heat and allow the liquid to reduce until it has thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pasta, eggplant, and spinach tossing all of it together. The spinach will wilt, although you can cover the pan for a minute or so to help it along if you prefer. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 686
- Sugar: 10.1g
- Sodium: 692.3mg
- Fat: 24.8g
- Saturated Fat: 9.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 98.6g
- Fiber: 8.7g
- Protein: 18.7g
- Cholesterol: 32.3mg
Keywords: eggplant pasta, butter rosemary eggplant pasta
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.