20-minute grilled salmon packets with grape tomatoes, asparagus, and fresh dill. It’s what we all need – an uncomplicated and easy dinner idea.
Grilled Salmon Packets
Today’s recipe is not so much a recipe, but, instead, a gathering of ingredients that meet together in a tin foil packet. A few minutes on a hot grill produces a packet of summery deliciousness – lightly buttery salmon, crispy asparagus, and juicy grape tomatoes cooked just enough to break their skins without losing any of their freshness. A sprinkling of fresh dill, a slice of lemon, and a sprinkling of salt are the only accessories.
These grilled salmon packets are simple, flavorful, and 20-minute summertime dinner wonder.
7 Simple Ingredients
- Grape Tomatoes
- Fresh Dill
- Lemon Slices
These days I’m leaning on all the simple things in life and trying hard to avoid complexity. Easy decisions, uncomplicated situations, and low stress experiences are what I wish for every morning. Of course, it’s hard to avoid all the difficult, complicated, and stressful life stuff all day, everyday so it’s good to build in some insurance. Knowing there’s a deliciously uncomplicated and stress-free dinner waiting at night is enough to wash away the residue from some of the other stuff I have less control over.
These grilled salmon packets, with their 7 simple ingredients, are sort of like dinner time therapy.
Toss everything onto some foil, fold it up into a neat little packet and toss it on a hot grill. 8-10 minutes later gently unwrap it, breath in all the buttery fresh herb goodness, and let whatever’s gotcha down just melt away.
A glass of wine helps, too.
More Salmon Recipes
- Cilantro-Lime Cilantro Burgers with Avocado Mayo
- 20-Minute Honey Mustard Salmon
- Grilled Salmon with Thyme Cream Sauce
20-minute grilled salmon packets with grape tomatoes, asparagus, and dill. This is the best kind of summertime “fast food”.
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1/2 pound salmon fillet, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon butter, sliced into chunks
- 2 slices of lemon
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Lay out two large pieces of tin foil. Divide the asparagus between each and top with a piece of salmon. Sprinkle the dill over each. Place the butter and a lemon slice on each piece of salmon. Place the tomatoes around the salmon and sprinkle the salt over everything. Fold the tin foil into a packet leaving space around the salmon inside so the air can circulate.
- Once the grill is preheated, turn off one set of burners. Place the packets on those burners and close the lid. Let them cook for 8-10 minutes. Carefully remove them from the grill, unfold them, and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 5.8g
- Fat: 11.5g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Protein: 29.2g
Keywords: salmon packets, easy salmon recipe