Nutella pudding made with just four ingredients takes the classic chocolate hazelnut spread to a whole new level. These pudding cups are so rich and creamy and a decadent dessert when you want to treat yourself.
Sure, you can treat yourself to some Nutella straight from the jar but transforming it into a rich and creamy pudding takes it to a whole new level and I am all about next-level chocolate desserts.
As a homemade pudding super fan, these Nutella pudding cups are a the top of my list. They are a chocolate lover’s dream and like a little bit of heaven in a cup.
- You only need four ingredients to make them!
- Pudding is easy to make and fun to serve – especially when you top the pudding cups with a dollop of whipped cream.
- It’s a great make-ahead dessert – divide the pudding into individual servings, leave them in the fridge, and then try to resist eating them all in one day.
Homemade pudding is easy to make and requires less than 30 minutes of hands-on time. It’s one of my favorite desserts because once you get the basic technique down, there are so many ways to customize the flavors.
In this case, we’re taking a shortcut with Nutella and adding three ingredients to transform it from thick chocolate spread to a creamy smooth pudding.
- 2% milk
- Egg yolks
How to Make It
First, you need to combine the Nutella with the milk in a large bowl. Scrape all of the spread out of the jar using a spatula. It’s a little sticky, so use the edge of the bowl to scrape off the spatula.
Slowly add the milk starting with 1/2 cup. Whisk to combine it with the Nutella. Once smooth, keep adding milk until you have a mixture that looks like chocolate milk. It’s easier to do this slowly.
Place the cornstarch in a large saucepan and whisk it to break up any lump. Slowly add the milk/Nutella mixture to the cornstarch. Start with a small amount and whisk until smooth before adding more milk. This will make it easier to get rid of any lumps of cornstarch.
Add the egg yolks and whisk to combine. Heat the mixture over medium heat. As the mixture warms up, the cornstarch will thicken it. It will start to bubble, and once the bubbles can barely break the surface, it’s ready.
Divide the pudding into containers. Place plastic wrap on top so it’s touching the surface of the pudding – this will prevent a skin forming.
Chill them for a couple of hours before serving.
You can serve them as is or add a topping – here are a few ideas:
- Whipped cream
- Grated chocolate
- Mini chocolate chips
- Finely chopped hazelnuts
Keep this Nutella pudding recipe on hand for the next time a serious chocolate craving strikes. It’s a cool and creamy way to satisfy it.
More Chocolate Recipes
- 5-Minute Molten Chocolate Mug Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Bars
Nutella Pudding Cups
Rich and creamy Nutella pudding cups. Make these ahead for a decadent chocolate dessert!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
For the Pudding
- 1 (13-ounce) container of Nutella
- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- Whipped Cream
- Grated dark chocolate
- Transfer the Nutella from the container to a large mixing bowl using a spatula. Use a spatula so you can scrape as much as you can from the sides and bottom of the jar. It will be sticky so scrape the spatula on the edge of the bowl to remove the Nutella.
- Add the milk in small batches to the Nutella and whisk between each. This will make it easier to dissolve the Nutella. Start with 1/2 cup of milk and then keep adding it in batches until the Nutella is dissolved. Don’t worry too much if you have a few wayward lumps.
- In a large saucepan, whisk the cornstarch until it’s light and powdery. Slowly add the Nutella and milk mixture. Start with a 1/2 cup and whisk until smooth. Slowly add the rest of the Nutella and milk, whisking continuously so you don’t have any lumps of cornstarch. Add the egg yolks and whisk until combined.
- Turn the burner to medium heat. Bring the pot to a simmer, stirring frequently. Once the pudding is thickened and the bubbles can barely break the surface remove the pot from the heat. It should take less than 10 minutes for the pudding to thicken.
- Take the saucepan off of the heat. Divide the pudding into containers (approximately 1/3 cup for each serving). Cover with plastic wrap so the wrap is touching the pudding surface and keep them in the refrigerator. Chill the pudding for at least an hour or up to 4 days.
- Add the topping (if using) before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 18.1g
- Sodium: 48.7mg
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 23.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 55.6mg
Keywords: Nutella pudding, easy Nutella dessert
Recipe and post updated February 2021.