These chicken gyros are full of fresh tomatoes and cucumber, creamy tzatziki, and tender chicken. Plus, they hardly take any time at all thanks to rotisserie chicken. You can make this recipe in about 15 minutes for a super easy dinner.
Greek Chicken Gyros Recipe
Easy 15-minute dinner recipe comin’ atcha today! It’s a super easy chicken gyro recipe that I make on repeat, and I think you’ll want to give it a try, too.
Rotisserie chicken makes it so simple – with that on hand, it’s a simple assembly operation. No cooking! No stress! It’s a weeknight dinner dream.
And it’s loaded with fresh flavors. Tomatoes, cucumber, and creamy tzatziki, all wrapped up in warm pitas with some crumbled feta cheese. There are so many things to love about these Greek chicken gyros, friends.
- Warm pita bread
- Shredded rotisserie chicken – or leftover cooked chicken (like grilled chicken!)
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Tzatziki sauce – This is a Greek yogurt sauce with cucumber, herbs, garlic, fresh dill, and mint. To keep this recipe super simple, buy some tzatziki at the store.
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Chopped fresh dill and/or fresh mint
How to Make It
With a rotisserie chicken on hand, there’s nothing to cook – just assemble the gyros and dig in.
- I like to warm the pita in the microwave for 30 seconds, so they’re more pliable/wrappable.
- I like to halve or quarter the tomatoes depending on their size.
- For the cucumber, I cut them into small sticks instead of round slices. They stay tucked into the pita better.
- All of the components can be adjusted to your taste!
- I like a generous dollop of tzatziki on top, but you can also spread some of the sauce on the warm pita first before you add the other ingredients. Or you can do both because it’s tzatziki, and it’s awesome.
Make Ahead and Storage Tips
If you’re into meal prepping, you can prep the ingredients ahead and keep them in the refrigerator. So prep the veggies, shred the chicken, and store them in an airtight container. They will keep for several days – yay!
When it’s time to eat, there won’t be any prep – just wrap and go.
That’s it! Fresh and fast chicken gyros made easy with rotisserie chicken. Make them for dinner or make them for lunch. Either way, they’re delicious.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Balsamic Chicken Breasts
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
Easy Chicken Gyros
A rotisserie chicken makes these chicken gyros a simple assembly operation instead of a cooking project. The soft pitas are filled with tender chicken, fresh tomatoes, cucumber and creamy cool tzatziki.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Greek
- 12 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 pita, warmed
- 9 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of English cucumber, seeded and cut into small sticks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cups store-bought or homemade tzatziki sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill and/or mint
- Toss the shredded chicken with the lemon juice.
- Divide the chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion evenly among the pita.
- Top each with the tzatziki sauce, feta, and garnish with the chopped dill and/or mint.
The nutrition information includes the homemade tzatziki sauce (approximately 1 cup), so if you use store-bought the estimate will vary.
- Serving Size: 1 gyro
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 682.4mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 40.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Cholesterol: 60.5mg
Keywords: easy chicken gyros, chicken wraps
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.
Post updated from the archives. First published in October 2019.