Easy French Bread Pizza topped with chicken, cheese, and BBQ sauce is a short-cut version of a BBQ chicken pizza. Use rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken to make the prep super easy. Slice it up for dinner or serve it as a snack for parties.
Table of contents
💌 Sign up for the Girl Gone Gourmet Newsletter and get recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Easy French Bread Pizza
It’d be a stretch to say this French bread pizza is a copycat of California Pizza Kitchen’s BBQ chicken pizza, so I won’t say that. I will say it’s more like a super lazy version of it with the same great flavors – sweet and tangy BBQ sauce, chicken, and cheese – baked up on French bread for the easiest dinner, snack, or appetizer ever.
It’s all about the shortcuts, friends: rotisserie chicken, your favorite jarred BBQ sauce, and a loaf of French bread. We’re slicing an onion and chopping up some cilantro just to feel like we did something but other than that, it’s an assemble, bake, and eat situation.
Perfect for a Friday night, game day, or any old time you’re craving that CPK life but don’t want to leave the house. Or, as it is in my case, there are no California Pizza Kitchens within a two-hour radius, so, hello, lazy knock-off BBQ chicken French bread pizza. You look so good.
- Rotisserie chicken – or any cooked chicken will work like leftover grilled chicken.
- Take-n-bake French bread – look for this in the bakery section at the grocery store.
- BBQ sauce – pick your favorite brand.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – you can also add shredded cheddar cheese to mix it up.
- Sliced red onions
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Slice the bread in half lengthwise and top each half with BBQ sauce.
Sprinkle some of the cheese over the sauce and layer the chicken and onions on top. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top.
Bake the pizza on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. It will take about 15 minutes at 400°F.
For serving, drizzle more BBQ sauce over the top along with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. Slice and serve!
Tips and Tricks
- If you can’t find a take-n-bake French bread, you can use a regular one. Just reduce the baking time to about seven to ten minutes.
- Leftover pizza will keep for a couple of day in the fridge. It will reheat best in a 300°F oven or warm it up in an air fryer.
This French bread chicken pizza is simple, folks, but sometimes that’s just what we need, right? Own the laziness – you’ll be glad you did.
Happy short-cut cooking!
P.S. Craving more pizza? My loaded pizza sandwich is another easy recipe to try.
More Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
This French Bread pizza is loaded with shortcuts for an easy dinner, snack, or appetizer. BBQ chicken combined with cheese, rotisserie chicken, and BBQ sauce makes a hot and toasty pizza for those nights when only something quick and easy will do.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Q8 ounces sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 (10-oz) take-n-bake French bread
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 thinly sliced rings of red onion, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise and spread most of the BBQ sauce on both halves of the bread, reserving 1/4 cup. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over the top of the sauce.
- Layer the chicken on the cheese bread and drizzle two tablespoons of BBQ sauce over the top. Add the onion and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Drizzle the rest of the BBQ sauce and garnish with cilantro. Slice into pieces for serving.
- Calories: 461
- Sugar: 23.8g
- Sodium: 1034.2mg
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 26.4g
- Cholesterol: 50.9mg
Keywords: easy French bread pizza, BBQ chicken pizza
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.