These chicken gyros are full of fresh tomatoes and cucumber, creamy tzatziki and tender chicken. Plus, they hardly take any time at all thanks to rotisserie chicken. In about 15 minutes you can have flavorful chicken gyros assembled and ready to enjoy.
I’ve shared a few recipes over the last month or so with rotisserie chicken and I’m back with yet another because like some Netflix shows and my favorite authors, I often like a steady diet/binge session of the same thing over a period of time. I can’t help it – when something’s good it’s easy to get stuck in a loop.
These chicken gyros are fourth in a line-up of recent recipes with rotisserie chicken. It started with poblano enchiladas followed by stuffed peppers and, most recently, sheet pan chicken nachos all of which are easy to make. These chicken gyros – a Greek-style chicken pita wrap – are easy, too, and a great way to use the homemade tzatziki sauce I shared last week.
Chicken Gryo Ingredients
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced cucumber
- Store-bought or homemade tzatziki sauce
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Chopped fresh dill and/or fresh mint
Tips for Making Chicken Gyros
With a rotisserie chicken on hand, there’s nothing to cook if you want to make these chicken gyros. It’s just a simple assembly operation that takes just minutes to do:
- I like to warm the pita in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. Warming them makes them more pliable/wrappable.
- I like to use cherry or grape tomatoes and, depending on their size, halve or quarter them.
- For the cucumber, I like to slice them into small sticks instead of round slices. They seem to stay tucked into the pita better.
- Of course, all of the components can be adjusted to your taste – I like just a little bit of thinly sliced red onion tucked into the gyros.
- I like a generous dollop of tzatziki on top, but you can also spread some of the sauce on the pita first before you add the other ingredients.
That’s it! Fresh and fast chicken gyros made easy with rotisserie chicken. Make them for dinner or make them for lunch. Either way, they’re delicious.
More Wraps and Sandwiches
Looking for more easy wraps and sandwich recipes? Here are a few of my favorite recipes ❤
- Cranberry-Walnut Chicken Wraps | You can use rotisserie chicken to make these wraps loaded with dried cranberries, crunchy walnuts, and tangy blue cheese crumbles.
- Cucumber Avocado Wraps | These super simple wraps are my upgraded take on a classic cucumber sandwich.
- Greek Pitas with Grilled Chicken | Greek pitas filled with grilled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, cucumber, and feta cheese tossed in a cool and creamy Greek yogurt dressing.
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches | Mayo-less egg salad made with creamy avocado and served on toasted bread.
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
Easy Chicken Gyros
A rotisserie chicken makes these chicken gyros a simple assembly operation instead of a cooking project. The soft pitas are filled with tender chicken, fresh tomatoes, cucumber and creamy-cool tzatziki. Use your favorite store-bought tzatziki sauce or make a batch of homemade tzatziki a few hours before you want to serve the gryos.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Greek
- 12 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 pita, warmed
- 9 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of English cucumber, seeded and cut into small sticks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cups store-bought or homemade tzatziki sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill and/or mint
- Toss the shredded chicken with the lemon juice.
- Divide the chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion evenly among the pita.
- Top each with the tzatziki sauce, feta, and garnish with the chopped dill and/or mint.
The nutrition information includes the homemade tzatziki sauce (approximately 1 cup), so if you use store-bought the estimate will vary.
- Serving Size: 1 gyro
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 682.4mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 40.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Cholesterol: 60.5mg
Keywords: easy chicken gyros, chicken wraps
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.
What’s the lemon juice for?
April Anderson says
Toss it with the chicken before assembling the gyros.
Love this recipe! Great flavors and easy to make.
I loved how easy these were to make, I used rotisserie chicken and tzatziki I got at the store and they took 15 minutes. Quick easy dinner – Thanks for the recipe
This is amazing..love it..
I made these fresh chicken gyros for our dinner guests over the last weekend. I followed your recipe exactly, and these turned out amazing! I’m thrilled that everyone loved these! One of our guests even said he could be on a deserted island with these. That’s a great sign, right? I urge everyone to give the recipe a try. Believe me, you have to taste these to know why they’re so special.
Thank you so much for sharing such a fab idea and all of your precious tips. They helped me a lot. I hope the recipe will inspire many of your followers. I’m looking forward to your new ideas. I’m your real fan. Keep up the good work!
April Anderson says
I’m so glad you liked them! Thank you for this wonderful comment 🙂