These chicken gyros are full of fresh tomatoes and cucumber, creamy tzatziki and tender chicken. Plus, they hardly take any time at all thanks to rotisserie chicken. In about 15 minutes you can have flavorful chicken gyros assembled and ready to enjoy.
I’ve shared a few recipes over the last month or so with rotisserie chicken and I’m back with yet another because like some Netflix shows and my favorite authors, I often like a steady diet/binge session of the same thing over a period of time. I can’t help it – when something’s good it’s easy to get stuck in a loop.
These chicken gyros are fourth in a line-up of recent recipes with rotisserie chicken. It started with poblano enchiladas followed by stuffed peppers and, most recently, sheet pan chicken nachos all of which are easy to make. These chicken gyros – a Greek-style chicken pita wrap – are easy, too, and a great way to use the homemade tzatziki sauce I shared last week.
Chicken Gryo Ingredients
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced cucumber
- Store-bought or homemade tzatziki sauce
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Chopped fresh dill and/or fresh mint
Tips for Making Chicken Gyros
With a rotisserie chicken on hand, there’s nothing to cook if you want to make these chicken gyros. It’s just a simple assembly operation that takes just minutes to do:
- I like to warm the pita in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. Warming them makes them more pliable/wrappable.
- I like to use cherry or grape tomatoes and, depending on their size, halve or quarter them.
- For the cucumber, I like to slice them into small sticks instead of round slices. They seem to stay tucked into the pita better.
- Of course, all of the components can be adjusted to your taste – I like just a little bit of thinly sliced red onion tucked into the gyros.
- I like a generous dollop of tzatziki on top, but you can also spread some of the sauce on the pita first before you add the other ingredients.
That’s it! Fresh and fast chicken gyros made easy with rotisserie chicken. Make them for dinner or make them for lunch. Either way, they’re delicious.
📩 Want more delicious recipe ideas? Sign up and get the free email series Gourmet Made Easy plus new recipes delivered to your inbox!
More Wraps and Sandwiches
Looking for more easy wraps and sandwich recipes? Here are a few of my favorite recipes ❤
- Cranberry-Walnut Chicken Wraps | You can use rotisserie chicken to make these wraps loaded with dried cranberries, crunchy walnuts, and tangy blue cheese crumbles.
- Cucumber Avocado Wraps | These super simple wraps are my upgraded take on a classic cucumber sandwich.
- Greek Pitas with Grilled Chicken | Greek pitas filled with grilled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, cucumber, and feta cheese tossed in a cool and creamy Greek yogurt dressing.
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches | Mayo-less egg salad made with creamy avocado and served on toasted bread.
A rotisserie chicken makes these chicken gyros a simple assembly operation instead of a cooking project. The soft pitas are filled with tender chicken, fresh tomatoes, cucumber and creamy-cool tzatziki. Use your favorite store-bought tzatziki sauce or make a batch of homemade tzatziki a few hours before you want to serve the gryos.
- 6 pita, warmed
- 12 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 9 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of English cucumber, seeded and cut into small sticks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cups store-bought or homemade tzatziki sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill and/or mint
- Divide the chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion evenly among the pita.
- Top each with the tzatziki sauce, feta, and garnish with the chopped dill and/or mint.
The nutrition information includes the homemade tzatziki sauce (approximately 1 cup), so if you use store-bought the estimate will vary.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1 gyro
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 682.4mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 40.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Cholesterol: 60.5mg
Keywords: easy chicken gyros, chicken wraps
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.