In other news, I was super excited that Amazon recently launched their Unlimited service, which is basically like Netflix for books. Finally! I immediately signed up for the 30 day trial period and downloaded a book. I also scanned some recent reviews and the opinions are mixed so time will tell if it’s worth the monthly fee, which is $9.99 a month after the first 30 days. With over 600,000 titles to choose from so I’m sure there are at least a few good options. Three cheers for reading!
Update July 2017: While I was super excited about this new Amazon offering back then it soon proved to not be that great!
Hope everyone’s having a great week – the weekend’s just around the corner!
During the summer I eat a lot of chicken and always grill extra to have on hand for these chicken salad sandwiches. With the chicken already done, it takes all of 10 minutes to make the sandwiches.
For the Chicken Salad
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken (see note)
- 1/4 cup diced celery (about one rib)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Sandwiches
- Sliced red onion
- Toasted bagels
- Mix all of the ingredients for the salad together in a medium bowl. Divide the salad between two bagels and top with the onion and lettuce.
- I used leftover grilled boneless skinless chicken breast for these sandwiches.
- Nutrition information is for the chicken salad only.
- Category: Burgers & Sandwiches
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 12.5g
- Carbohydrates: 2.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 25.5g
Recipe and photos updated July 2017.