This Chicken Club Sandwich has layers of shredded chicken, bacon, tomato, lettuce, and ham sandwiched between toasted bread slathered with mayo. It’s a restaurant classic you can make at home – you’ll love how easy it is.
Table of contents
🥪 Easy Club Sandwich with Shredded Chicken
We’re upping our sandwich game today with this classic club sandwich, and I am here to tell you, you’ll skip the restaurant ones once you try it. It’s so easy and the perfect way to use up leftover chicken.
- Toasted sliced white bread
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Sliced deli ham – go for the good stuff at the deli counter. I like it sliced on the thinner side.
- Cooked thick-cut bacon
- Cooked shredded chicken – use leftover cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken. It also works great with leftover turkey!
- Romaine lettuce leaves or green leaf lettuce
- Tomato slices
✅ Recipe Steps
This is a classic double-decker club sandwich, and, honestly, how you assemble the layers is up to you! But, of course, I’m sharing my favorite way to make this sandwich, so, here you go:
- Place the toasted bread slices on a cutting board. Spread mayo on top of each one leaving the other side plain. Start building the sandwiches on two slices of bread and set the other four aside.
- Place lettuce on the mayo followed by the ham. Top the ham with shredded chicken. Place the other toasted bread on the chicken with the mayo side up.
- Place a slice of cheese on the bread and then layer on the tomatoes and bacon. Top each sandwich with the other slices of bread.
- Lightly press down on the sandwiches – don’t smash them, but just press hard enough so the layers adhere.
- Slice the sandwiches on the diagonal with a serrated knife. Use a sawing motion to slice so you don’t smash the sandwich.
- Use long toothpicks or skewers to secure the sandwich halves for serving.
💡 Tips and Variations
Substitutions: Any cooked shredded chicken will work, or try some shredded turkey – it’s a great way to use up the leftovers. I love cheddar cheese, but try pepper jack, Colby, or gouda to switch it up.
Make-Ahead: You can fry the bacon ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator.
Storage: I’ve made these sandwiches ahead and stored them in the fridge. The bread softens a bit and won’t be as crispy and toasty when it’s freshly toasted, but they’ll still be good.
Free-style: Feel free to switch up the order of the layers. Just try and keep everything level and evenly layered so it’s easy to assemble and slice the sandwiches.
🍟 Sides for Chicken Club Sandwiches
It’s a simple one, but satisfying – I hope you try this chicken club sandwich recipe soon!
🍞 More Sandwiches to Try
- Fried Egg Sandwich
- Italian Sandwich Sliders
- Caprese Roast Beef Sandwich
- Chicken Salad Bagel Sandwich
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
Chicken Club Sandwich
This layered chicken sandwich has shredded chicken, bacon, tomato, lettuce, and ham sandwiched between toasted bread slathered with mayo. Club sandwiches are a restaurant classic and you’ll love how easy they are to make at home.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 sandwiches 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
- 6 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces sliced deli ham
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat until it’s crispy. Drain the slices on paper towels. You can also cook the bacon ahead and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make the sandwiches.
- Toast the bread and then place them on a cutting board. Spread mayo on top of each slice.
- Place the lettuce leaves on two slices of bread. Top the lettuce with the ham. Add the shredded chicken and then place a piece of bread on top.. Place a slice of cheese on top of the bread, followed by the bacon and tomatoes.
- Place a piece of bread on top of the tomatoes to finish the sandwich. Lightly press down on the sandwiches.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the sandwiches diagonally in half. Use a sawing motion to slice so you don’t smash the layers. Use long toothpicks to secure the sandwiches for serving.
Tip: When you assemble the layers, try to layer everything evenly across the bread so the sandwiches stay together better.
Storage: These are best when the bread is freshly toasted, but they will keep in the refrigerator for a day or so. The bread will soften, but the sandwiches will still be delicious.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 738
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 1348.2mg
- Fat: 43.2g
- Saturated Fat: 12.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 28.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 47.8g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 37.9g
- Cholesterol: 109.3mg
Keywords: shredded chicken club sandwich, club sandwich recipe, chicken bacon sandwich
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.