Easy Turkey Meatballs
- Turkey meat is less fatty than beef and sometimes it’s nice to have lightened-up meatballs, but you can substitute beef or pork (or combination of both!).
- Put your spice rack to good use! Using onion and garlic powder and dried oregano (or Italian seasoning) means you don’t have to chop or dice anything beforehand.
- I add some tomato paste to the meatballs for extra flavor.
- For the cheese, use what you already have on hand. I used feta because it’s what I had on hand when I first made these, but Parmesan, Asiago, or Romano work, too!
More Meatball RecipesPrint
These turkey meatballs are so easy you’ll want to add them to your weeknight dinner rotation!
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, 5-6 turns of the mill
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups store-bought marinara sauce
- In a large bowl combine the breadcrumbs, egg, cheese, tomato paste, oregano, garlic and onion powders, salt, black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the ground turkey and, mix until just combined.
- In a large pan heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. While the pan is preheating quickly form golf ball sized meatballs. Add the meatballs to the pan. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to do this in batches. You want the meatballs to have some space so they brown properly. I used a 5 quart saute pan.
- Give the meatballs a chance to brown all over by periodically rolling them around. You may need to adjust the heat up or down. Once browned, lower the heat to medium and add the tomato sauce. Gently stir the meatballs around so they get coated with the sauce. You want the sauce to simmer, so adjust the heat to medium or medium-low. Allow the meatballs to simmer in the sauce for at least another 10 minutes. Serve with pasta.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- Calories: 301
- Fat: 19.1g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 19.7g
Keywords: easy turkey meatballs