Maple gingerbread muffins are great for the holidays!
It’s been quite un-Christmasy around here lately.
As a girl who grew up in Wyoming, I much prefer a chilly/cold/wintry Christmas and I just can’t quite capture that holiday spirit when it’s 70 degrees outside, which is exactly the weather we’ve been having around these parts for the last week. On one hand – yay! – the weather is nice and it was great to soak up the sun over a bottle of wine with some friends last weekend, but on the other hand – booooo – it’s Christmastime! Where is the snow? Get me some frosted window panes!
So to battle this doesn’t-feel-like-Christmas-at-all feeling I’ve been baking. A lot.
First it was several batches each of snickerdoodles and molasses cookies and now these oh-so-holiday maple gingerbread muffins with a simple sugar glaze. The best way to get some holiday spirit is to pump your house full of holiday scents like ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Oh, and doing a little sing-along with Feynman helps, too.
Yes, I am that person who plays piano and sings Christmas carols to her puppy.
I think he likes it.
These couldn’t be any easier – it’s really just a dump and stir sort of operation. It’s all said and done in about 45 minutes, which is a small-time investment for all the holiday cheer you’ll get in return after you take a big o’ bite – all those wonderful, cozy holiday flavors are hard to beat.
Even if it is 70 degrees outside.
💌 Never miss a recipe! Sign up for the Weekly Newsletter to get recipes straight to your inbox.
More Muffin RecipesPrint
Gingerbread is always a holiday favorite! These muffins are sweetened with maple syrup and topped with an easy sugar glaze.
For the Muffins
- 11/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2–1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, molasses, and maple syrup.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ones, stirring until just combined.
- Fill the muffin cups half-way with the batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let the muffins cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- While the muffins cool, mix together all of the ingredients for the sugar glaze. If the mixture is too thick, you want it thin enough to drizzle, add a little more milk until you get the right consistency.
- Once the muffins have cooled, drizzle the glaze over the tops. Let them dry and then serve or store the muffins in an air tight container. Makes 12 muffins.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 23.5g
- Sodium: 181.2mg
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 36.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 52.5mg
Keywords: gingerbread muffins, holiday muffin recipe
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.