A wine spritzer gets a margarita twist! These margarita wine spritzers are easy to make and so refreshing on a hot day.
I love a glass of wine, but when it’s hot a wine spritzer is my go-to summer drink. It’s cold, fizzy and refreshing and it was just a few weeks ago that I took my favorite wine spritzer and gave it a margarita twist.
It all happened at the tail-end of a two-day neighborhood garage sale that left our band of merry garage sale sellers a little overheated and parched. It was a day made for margaritas but, alas, we had no tequila – just the margarita mix and some white wine. So one thing led to another and we ended up sipping on margarita wine spritzers the rest of the afternoon, which, by the way, made the garage sale a whole lot more fun.
What is a wine spritzer?
A traditional wine spritzer is a fizzy cold drink made with wine and soda water, seltzer, or sparkling water. A fruitier wine like pinot grigio or sauvignon works best but you can also make red wine spritzers with pinot noir or other red wine that is on the fruitier side. The typical ratio is three parts wine to one part soda water.
The wine spritzers I’m sharing here have a margarita twist, so they aren’t exactly traditional but they are refreshing and delicious. They’re sort of retro and remind me of the wine coolers I drank (and probably loved a little too much) in college.
You can, of course, adjust this drink depending on how sweet and tart you want it, but here’s the amount of each ingredient I like. This recipe makes enough for two margarita wine spritzers:
- Ice: I like to start with ice in the glasses (in this case, big wine glasses used to serve red wine) because (spoiler alert!) it keeps the spritzer cold. Also, as the ice melts, it mellows the tartness from the margarita mix. You can leave the ice out, but you’ll want to make sure all of the ingredients are very cold when you make the drinks.
- 8 ounces sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio
- 6 ounces margarita mix: be sure to get a mix without the tequila. I use regular store-bought margarita mix, but if you’re feeling ambitious you could make your own sweet and sour mix.
- 2 ounces club soda
Divide the wine between two glasses, add the margarita mix and club soda. I like to give it a little stir and then garnish the glasses with lime slices.
So here’s to summer days and summer-sippin’ 🥂
Summer Appetizer Recipes
Looking for some easy snacks and appetizers to go with your margarita wine spritzer? Here are a few of my favorites…
- Easy Cheese Dip
- Mushroom Flatbread Pizza
- Fiesta Lettuce Wraps
- Roasted Red Pepper & Basil Pinwheels
- Chorizo and Goat Cheese Pita Pizzas
Margarita Wine Spritzer
Wine spritzers get a margarita twist! These cold and refreshing drinks are easy to make and easy to sip on especially on a hot summer day. As with any drink, feel free to adjust to your tastes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 drinks 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces sauvignon blanc
- 6 ounces margarita mix (without the tequila)
- 2 ounce club soda
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Place ice cubes in a glass. Add the wine, margarita mix, and the club soda and give it a little stir.
- Garnish with lime slices and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 14.4g
Keywords: wine spritzer, margarita cocktail, white wine spritzer
Tried this MARGARITA WINE SPRITZER delicious!!! Thx for sharing.