Avocado replaces most the mayo in these quick and easy avocado egg salad sandwiches.
Avocado Egg Salad
Way back in 2009 I posted a recipe for egg salad and for the last five years I haven’t really changed much about it. I still love it, but I wanted an alternative recipe that doesn’t require a 1/2 cup of mayo since I’m trying to be a little more conscious about what I’m eating (which, by the way, is a hard thing to do when you love to cook and eat like I do!).
This new version has avocado (hello, healthy fat!), which replaces all of the mayo. There’s also some fresh chives and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice – all in all, you only need five ingredients! Thanks to the avocado this egg salad is still rich and creamy so I don’t even miss the mayo. I like serving it on toasted bread with some lettuce and tomato – it’s delicious!
More Sandwich Ideas
Avocado replaces the mayo in this easy and delicious egg salad! I like mine on toasted bread with tomato slices and alfalfa sprouts.
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado (from about 1/2 a medium avocado)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed avocado, lemon juice, salt, and chives until combined.
- Add the chopped hard-boiled eggs and stir until well combined.
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 13.2g
Keywords: avocado egg salad