Blue Cheese Burgers with crispy bacon and a creamy blue cheese sauce are an easy restaurant-inspired burger recipe. The beef patties, sauce, and bacon are stacked on toasted burger buns so every bite is a savory blue cheese delight!
Table of contents
There are regular bacon cheeseburgers and then there are these decadent blue cheese burgers, which are a big step up flavor.
We’re talking crispy thick-cut bacon on top of a juicy burger with a creamy cool blue cheese sauce to finish it off. I love a classic burger, but these savory beasts are in a class of their own and it’s all about deliciousness.
And the best part? They’re not hard to make – it’s an easy stovetop burger recipe with a little extra flair in the form of the four ingredient sauce. In about 30 minutes – less time than it would take to drive somewhere for a blue cheeseburger – you can have these bad boys on the table.
Add a side of garlic French fries or potato chips for the best burger night ever.
💌 Sign up for the Girl Gone Gourmet Newsletter and get recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
- Thick-cut bacon
- Ground beef (85% lean)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Sour cream
- Crumbled blue cheese – you can use packages of crumbled cheese or treat yourself to a wedge of gorgonzola and crumble it yourself.
- Chopped parsley
- Lettuce and tomato – totally optional.
- Toasted hamburger buns – I like to use brioche buns.
First, cook the bacon in a large non-stick pan or cast iron skillet. Once it’s crispy, take it out, drain it on paper towels, and slice the strips in half.
Drain off all but one tablespoon of the bacon fat in the pan. Cook the burger patties in the pan until they reach your desired doneness.
While the burgers cook, make the sauce. Combine the mayo, sour cream, crumbled blue cheese, and chopped parsley. Set the sauce aside.
If you’re using lettuce and tomato, place them on the bottom bun first. Top them with the burger and bacon, spoon some sauce mixture on top, and sprinkle some more crumbled blue cheese over the top.
Place the top bun on top and dig in.
Burger Patties: I like 85% lean ground beef because there’s just enough fat to add lots of flavor and moisture. I’ve made this recipe with ground turkey and it’s good but not great. Turkey burgers are always a little dry in my opinion.
Cooking Tip: Cooking the patties in the bacon fat adds lots of deliciousness. I highly recommend it. That said, you can grill your burgers instead. A meat thermometer makes it easy to figure out if your burgers are done. I like mine around 140 to 145°F.
Sauce: Feel free to mix up the blue cheese topping ahead of time. Keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
Other burger toppings: Sliced red onion would be great. Or, get really crazy and top your blue cheese burgers with caramelized onions.
If you love blue cheese as I do, you need to try this blue cheese burger recipe! It’s easier than you think and the final result is a taste of burger heaven. Enjoy!
Happy burger making,
More Dinner Ideas
- French Onion Hot Dogs
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Green Chile Bacon Cheeseburgers
- Goat Cheese Sliders with Bacon and Arugula
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
Blue Cheese Burgers
Easy blue cheese burgers with bacon are a restaurant-inspired burger recipe that’s easy to make at home.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 pound ground beef (85% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 toasted hamburger buns
- Combine the mayo, sour cream, 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles, and parsley in a small bowl. Set the sauce aside.
- Place the bacon in a large non-stick skillet and cook it over medium-high heat until it’s crispy. Transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Remove all but one tablespoon of the bacon fat from the pan.
- Divide the beef into four equal-sized parts. Form each into a patty approximately 1/2” thick. Cook the patties in the same pan with the bacon fat over medium to medium-high heat until browned and cooked through about five to eight minutes.
- Place the burgers on the bottom hamburger bun. Top with the bacon and the blue cheese topping. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese over the top of the sauce. Add the top bun and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 612
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Sodium: 907.5mg
- Fat: 39.5g
- Saturated Fat: 13.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 22.1g
- Trans Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
Keywords: blue cheese burgers, blue cheese bacon burgers
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.
Best blue cheese burger I’ve ever had … and I’ve had a lot!