This gingerbread loaf is guaranteed to bring some holiday cheer into your house!
While it’s certainly the most wonderful time of the year the holidays can also be a wee bit stressful or am I alone in that?
I don’t even have time to be writing this post, so I am going to make short and sweet. This gingerbread loaf is moist and full of holiday spirit (aka ginger, cinnamon, and cloves), it takes about 10 minutes to mix up, and just under an hour to bake during which time you can run around with your hair on fire trying to get things done, or am I the only one doing that?Plus, it will make your house smell amazing – that is, if you like the sort of aroma that makes you want to wear wooly sweaters, sip hot chocolate, and sing Christmas songs around the piano. It’s a simple recipe, but I think that’s what we all need right now!
Some Ingredients You’ll Need
- Holiday spices: ginger, cinnamon, and cloves
- Butter, sugar, flour, vanilla and eggs
- Maple syrup
More Holiday Baking RecipesPrint
A simple recipe for a moist and delicious gingerbread loaf. Perfect for the holidays!
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (the real stuff)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, milk, molasses, and maple syrup to the butter and sugar and stir until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones in a couple of batches, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (see note). Cool completely before slicing and serving.
I used a glass pyrex loaf pan – depending on the type of pan you use adjust the cook time accordingly. I recommend checking the loaf at 30 minutes and adding additional time as needed.
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 36.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.5g