About Girl Gone Gourmet
Hi and welcome! Girl Gone Gourmet is my personal food and recipe blog where I share the things I love to cook and eat. When I first started the site in 2009 I focused on trying lots of new things in the kitchen like working with unfamiliar ingredients, sharing my kitchen disasters, or just posting random updates like organizing my pantry. In the beginning, I was all over the place with recipes – I wanted to make all the things! That kind of enthusiasm is what got me going, but over the years I’ve learned a lot and discovered that the best dishes are the ones that come from the heart. So now you will find recipes that mostly celebrate comfort food – it’s a style of food that I love, so I hope you stay awhile and check out some of the 400 recipes saved on this site.
About the Recipes & Posts
- This blog is an extension of me so you’ll find recipes along with personal stories, musings, and thoughts about food and cooking. Food and cooking isn’t a stand-alone thing in life – food and cooking are intertwined in our everyday lives and I like to share my experiences with readers with the hope that it inspires you to make something delicious, too. But, I get that sometimes we’re busy so there’s a handy-dandy button at the top of each post that allows you to skip right to the recipe where you can print it and get busy cooking.
- I don’t follow any special diets (i.e. low-carb, paleo, Whole30, etc), but, as of 2017, each recipe includes nutrition information (I am slowly updating old recipes, as well) using an online nutrition calculator called Nutrifox that I trust and pay a fee to access. Readers let me know in a survey that providing nutritional estimates is helpful, so I started doing it because I like to be helpful, but be aware – I am not a nutritionist. You should use this information only as a guide.
- There’s a little bit of everything, but I focus mostly on dinner recipes with a few side dishes, breakfast, and dessert recipes every now when the mood strikes. Lately, I’ve also started developing recipes for one or two for readers who cook for themselves (like I do!) and don’t love a fridge full of leftovers.
- Have a question about a recipe? Leave a comment on the post or contact me directly – either way I love hearing from readers and try to respond quickly to questions.
- I share new posts up to three times a week and the best way to stay connected is to subscribe to my weekly newsletter. I send it out once a week and it has new posts plus other links to recipes I think readers might enjoy. I would love for you to join and, as a thank you, you’ll get a link to download a free ebook with my most popular recipes.
I grew up in Wyoming and have lived in Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas, but now I call North Carolina home where I live with my adorable 2-year-old, 68 -pound golden retriever puppy, Feynman. In December 2016 I left my corporate job to focus on writing and photography full-time (!) and I spend my days cooking, writing, and taking photos for this site and other places around the web. Interested in working together? Contact me – I’d love to hear from you.
Let’s Stay Connected!
Pinterest Instagram Facebook Twitter
About Affiliate Links, Advertisers, and Your Privacy
Girl Gone Gourmet has been featured on:
BravoTV.com (Beet and Blueberry Bruschetta)
Self.com (Fiesta Lettuce Wraps)
Chow.com (Balsamic Mushroom Pasta)
Chow.com (Better Know a Mother Sauce: Espagnole)
Nylon.com: 5 One-Pan Dinners to Make this Month (One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Veggies)
Nylon.com (Pasta with Steak & Spinach and 15-Minute Mediterranean Pasta)
Buzzfeed: 15 Delicious Pastas With No Meat (Balsamic Mushroom Pasta)
Buzzfeed: 39 Things Everyone Who Loves Mustard Needs to Eat (Pasta with Steak and Spinach)
BuzzFeed: 24 Hearty Chili Recipes that are Perfect for Cold Weather (Chili)
BuzzFeed: 31 of the Most Delicious Things You Can Do to Eggs (Overnight Potato and Pancetta Breakfast Enchiladas)
SheKnows (Slow Cooker Cassoulet and Tartiflette)
Yahoo! Style (UK) (Mocha Smoothie)
Theberry.com (Honey BBQ Chicken Meatballs)
Brit + Co (Apple & Sage Pork Sausage Rolls)
Landmark Vineyards (Balsamic Mushroom Pasta)
Foodista Food Blog of the Day 9/18/2015 (Creamy Mushroom Pasta)
Foodista (Onion, Bacon, and Roasted Garlic Dip)
The SITS Girls (Onion, Bacon, and Roasted Garlic Dip)
I bought your book as part of renewing the kitchen food books shelves!
It looks excellent, good quality photos, clear explanations, lots of ideas!
Thank you so much! 🙂
Can you please email me the Milton chocolate mug recipe. Every time I try to read it, another ad pops up.
Hi Jean, I’m happy to email it to you but I need an email address – will you send me an email to april AT girlgonegourmet DOT com? I will reply with the recipe.
Made the creamy mushroom pasta tonight. OMG. I hope I can stop eating before the rest of dinner is ready. So good! Thank you
Hi Diana! So glad you liked it – thanks for letting me know!
Maria Valente says
Hi April my name is Maria and I too love to cook, bake and eat.. I am very happy to have found you on the internet and love your recipes. I am retired from hair dressing of over 40 yrs. of an Italian-American family which is where my love for cooking began. Thanks so much for sharing your recipes on line.
Thanks so much for stopping by, Maria!